[pmwiki-users] Quick pagename search?

Oliver Betz list_ob at gmx.net
Thu Mar 1 12:56:21 CST 2007

Patrick R. Michaud wrote:

> > how can I get a pagename substring search box instead of or in
> > addition to the full text search box?
> >
> > I know that I can enter "name=*term*" in the default searchbox, but
> > that's inconvenient, and many users can't remember it.
>
> How would you like to specify a pagename substring search box?

One possibility would be to extend the (:searchbox:) directive with a
(pseudo) variable for the search term, e.g. the "q" already used as
HTTP GET variable. This way one could put some text around the user
entry, like "name=*$q*". Maybe there are other uses for this.

The "put me directly to the page if there is only one hit" behaviour
might indeed require another option. What about making $MatchCount /
{$$PageCount} accessible as page variable, then one could make a
conditional redirect?

Oliver
--
Oliver Betz, Muenchen