[pmwiki-users] Fox Security Settings

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Wed Jun 27 15:51:22 CDT 2007

Wednesday, June 27, 2007, 9:29:43 PM, pmwikilist at arcor.de wrote:

> I have a Site.FoxConfig with
> *.*: all
this is the most permissive setting, allowing any Fox actions on any
pages. You can do the same in config.php with:

  $FoxPagePermissions['*.*'] = 'all';

> I have a Config.php with:
> $FoxConfigPageFmt = '$SiteGroup.FoxConfig';
this last should be:
  $FoxConfigPageFmt = $SiteGroup.".FoxConfig";
or
  $FoxConfigPageFmt = "Site.FoxConfig";

but this is the default, so you don't need the line at all in
config.php.

> $FoxAuth = 'ALWAYS';
this is the most open security setting, allowing Fox to post to any
page, even read protected pages.

> $EnablePostDirectives = true;
> $EnableAccessCode = true;

this then needs access code form fields as well.

> $EnableFoxDeleteMsg = true;
> include_once("$FarmD/cookbook/fox.php");

> I have default passwords for admin and edit and AuthUser activated, but not modified.

> - What is the most open security setting for Fox (just for testing)?
see above.
Put also (:messages:) markup, starting on a new line, on your form
page, so you can check for any error messages.

> - Do I still need to modify the fox.php as suggested in the Cookbook, when I want FoxBlog to
> work?
I don't know about this modification. Where is it mentioned, and for
what purpose?

  ~Hans