[pmwiki-users] userauth2 AbyssWebServer versus Apache (XAMPP)webserver error AND suggestions

ThomasP pmwikidev at sigproc.de
Thu Jun 21 11:47:27 CDT 2007

On Sat, June 16, 2007 14:36, Peter K.H. Gragert wrote:
> Nobody answered to my suggestions?

I'm in the position to explain this a bit, which might be interesting also
to other new users.

At the moment the UserAuth2 module is still a kind of personal development
by one "guy", me. I intended to have differently perspectived module than
AuthUser and a bug-free version of UserAuth, and therefore started a
reimplementation of the latter (now carrying an extra name for it works
internally completely different and is not compatible with its
predecessor).

I have made this module open since I had the impression that many other
users will think similar to me about the preferences of how the
permissions setup should be organized.

Still the module is quite new (since March 2007) and has thus not such a
big user base as might be necessary to have a good dissemination of
information on its usage. But I'm looking forward to a broader base(*) in
the future, and maybe even to some people who dig into the code itself and
having knowledge about the internas.

ThomasP

(*) I was once thinking that this style of permission setup could replace
the current system ("by page" attributes), but looking at the complexities
involved through the interconnection with many other recipes this is at
the moment not yet feasible and also in general probably not necessary or
sensible. To have the choice leaves the freedom, and pros and cons can be
better evaluated.