[pmwiki-users] page history question

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Mon Jun 18 14:13:17 CDT 2007

Monday, June 18, 2007, 5:55:04 PM, Sandy wrote:

>> I'm guessing there are changes in the attributes, particularly the
>> lastmodified field, and maybe author. Probably these changes prompt
>> the entry. But it would be good I suppose if PmWiki could avoid
>> recording these changes. Unless there's cases where a user might want
>> to "touch" a file for some reason... But even then, perhaps PmWiki
>> could skip the recent changes entry. I dunno, just thinking out loud.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Dan

> I can see some admins wanting to be notified if those attributes are
> changed. So, if that's what triggered the change, maybe those details
> should be added to the history. May want to be a bit vague or limit full
> details by view level. E.g., Password changes are important to the
> admin, not the average viewer.

Okay I tested this:
Opened a page, clicked once inside the text area,
clicked Save. No actual page content change.
Now this is recorded as entry in RecentChanges
and in the page history with an empty entry.
What changed is the LastModified time stamp and
LastModifiedBy author name, even though no modification has happened.

It would be nice if this behaviour could be suppressed.

  ~Hans