[pmwiki-users] 2.2.0: add Site.SiteHeader and Site.SiteFooter

Sandy sandy at onebit.ca
Mon Jun 18 11:44:12 CDT 2007

Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
>>> This has some merit, instead of AllGroupHeader.
>> Please, no. If original suggestion to include AllGroupHeader or
>> SiteHeader in the core has anything in common with my recent question
>> regarding (:messages:) (see
>> http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.web.wiki.pmwiki.user/43988/match=messages+allgroupheader)
>> then I must disagree with DefaultGroupHeader. To include (:messages:)
>> at the top of each page would still require to use AllGroupHeader
>> recipe (or to remmember to put (:messages:) to the top of each
>> GroupHeader).
>
> More likely, add (:include Site.DefaultGroupHeader:) to the top of
> each GroupHeader.
>
> I'll write more about this a little later.
>
> Pm

If we had a DefaultGroupHeader, we'd still need something that appears
at the top of ALL pages [1]. I'm thinking the site name and logo,
contact, main links. The DefaultGroupHeader, to me, sounds like an easy
way to have multiple groups share an existing bit of code at the top;
would and "include" directive work instead?

[1] except, of course, those pages where it was turned off, and can also
turn off for all in the group

Sandy