[pmwiki-users] page history question

The Editor editor at fast.st
Mon Jun 18 10:30:59 CDT 2007

On 6/18/07, Hans <design5 at softflow.co.uk> wrote:
> Often someone opened a page for editing,
> did no changes, and saved it again.
> This appears as an empty entry in the page history,
> and also on the RecentChanges page.
> Can it be configured that it will not appear in the page
> history and in RecentChanges and AllRecentChanges?
> Can this be done on pmwiki.org?
>
> Often I check a page because there is a RecentChanges entry,
> only to find that there is no change at all, but an empty
> page history entry. I'd like to avoid these checks.
>
> Or is something else going on?

I'm guessing there are changes in the attributes, particularly the
lastmodified field, and maybe author. Probably these changes prompt
the entry. But it would be good I suppose if PmWiki could avoid
recording these changes. Unless there's cases where a user might want
to "touch" a file for some reason... But even then, perhaps PmWiki
could skip the recent changes entry. I dunno, just thinking out loud.

Cheers,
Dan