[pmwiki-users] 2.2.0: add Site.SiteHeader and Site.SiteFooter

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Sun Jun 17 09:50:09 CDT 2007

On Sat, Jun 16, 2007 at 11:06:45AM -0500, Jon Haupt wrote:
> On 6/15/07, Patrick R. Michaud <pmichaud at pobox.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > Is this header always included in all groups, or is it a fallback if
> > > the Group.GroupHeader doesn't exist?
> >
> > Included in all groups.
>
> Okay, now you've got me confused.
>
> I thought that it worked the other way?  I think the recipe works as a
> fallback.  In other words, where there is no Group.GroupHeader,
> Site.AllGroupHeader is used as the group header.  Such that,
> (:nogroupheader:) simply removes whichever one would have been included.

The recipe (http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/AllGroupHeader)
provides both options, but the first option mentioned in the recipe
provides both Site.AllGroupHeader *and* Group.GroupHeader.

So, perhaps we should implement it using the fallback interpretation
instead.  Then someone that wants to have both Site.AllGroupHeader
and Group.GroupHeader included would use (:include Site.AllGroupHeader:)
in the Group.GroupHeader.

> If it's not going to work that way, and it's going to be added independent
> from Group.GroupHeader, then I strongly suggest also having
> Site.SiteHeader instead and adding (:nositeheader:).

For some reason I'm not a big fan of (:nositeheader:).