[pmwiki-users] 2.2.0: add Site.SiteHeader and Site.SiteFooter

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Fri Jun 15 14:19:40 CDT 2007

On Fri, Jun 15, 2007 at 11:47:57AM -0700, Martin Fick wrote:
> --- "Patrick R. Michaud" <pmichaud at pobox.com> wrote:
> > For 2.2.0, I'm thinking that we should go ahead and
> > make Site.SiteHeader and Site.SiteFooter part of the
> > core distribution, instead of being a
> > recipe/configuration change as it is now.  This
> > would mean that by default every group would add
> > the contents of any Site.SiteHeader page and
> > Site.SiteFooter page to all pages when displayed.
> >
> > Making this change would not impact any sites that
> > are already using custom Site.SiteHeaders and
> > Site.SiteFooters.
> >

> Hmm, the recipe I can find for this uses:
> Site.AllGroupHeader
>
> but, I do prefer Site.SiteHeader (and think that this
> is a great improvement)!
>
> Will there be a (:nositeheader:) directive also?

I wasn't planning on (:nositeheader:), leaving it
tied to the (:nogroupheader:).  That might argue in
favor of Site.AllGroupHeader instead (and there's
precedent with respect to Site.AllRecentChanges).
It also increases the regularity of the list=normal
parameter, excluding both GroupHeader and AllGroupHeader.