[pmwiki-users] Backups

Sandy sandy at onebit.ca
Thu Jun 14 10:55:41 CDT 2007

jdd wrote:
> pmwiki at 911networks.com wrote:
>> I need to do backups to the local computer without any access to
>> the command-line/shell. Something like: ?action=backup. It's a
>> Linux Box.
>>
>> I have looked at pmwiki/backup and pmwiki/backupandrestore.
>>
>> Restoring is not a problem, I can email the administrator and have
>> him to the restore.
>>
>> Any suggestion?
>>
> copy with konqueror through ftp?
>
> jdd

I use my ftp client to copy the entire pmwiki directory to my hard
drive, and the farm directories. Doesn't take long. (Assuming I can get
multi-threading working properly again; new computers are a pain). One
could argue that the 1MB of program needn't be copied, but it takes
longer to deselect them than to just take everything.

Does your administrator have a backup utility? Ours has one that will,
on our request, email a zip file of our entire account to an address of
our choice. (Let's hear it for large yahoo accounts!)

Sandy