[pmwiki-users] What userauth2.php does

ThomasP pmwikidev at sigproc.de
Tue Jun 12 10:35:08 CDT 2007

On Tue, June 12, 2007 09:30, Peter K.H. Gragert wrote:
> Own answer:
>
> HandleDispach executes HandleLogin form userauth2.php  and than an "exit;"
> therefore my foregoing question is solved ;-)
>
> A header with redirection is done, where needed values are saved into
> $_SESSION .

I'm glad you found your answer - from the last mail I was not yet sure
where the problem was.

To add a bit to the findings (for documentary purposes only):

Indeed on login the credentials picked up from the $_POST variables are
first checked and then a redirection is performed to the new page.

I did not specifically engineer something about this, but rather copied
the behaviour of the former module in assumption that there will be a
reason for doing it this way. It is necessary at latest when we want to
directly jump from extern into the edit mode of a page, which should
prompt a login screen first but then directly go the edit form.

Another interesting thing to note is that the pmwiki engine does not
expect the auth module call to return _in all events_, but rather do its
redirection in its own responsiblity when necessary. This was a suprise to
me when I first saw this in the former module, but ok. In any case, that's
why you will see some "exit;"s in the UA2 code.

Hope this will help someone sometime.

ThomasP