[pmwiki-users] place of the cookbook links

Ian MacGregor lists at imacgregor.com
Fri Jun 8 11:32:20 CDT 2007

On Friday 08 June 2007 8:52:40 am jdd wrote:
> Hello :-),
>
> May be I didn't read enough, but I din't remember having seeing where
> is the prefered place to include the cookbook links in config.php.
>
> When one open a file with an editor, most of the time the pointer is
> set at the beginneing of the file, so this beginners first go is to
> write them here.
>
> I think most normal people think to place them after the first
> (<?php...) line.
>
> But is it better to write them here or at the end of the file?
>
> couldn't it be a placeholder for such lines in the config file (a
> #write cookbook include below
> line?
I feel, when editing a config file, it is always best to create a section like
below:

## --- Begin user added content --- ##
user add content here
## --- End user added content --- ##

This will set up your config file to be very neat and easy to read. My
local/config.php has the following at the end of the file:

## ---------- BEGIN USER ADDED recipes ----------

include_once('cookbook/name.php');

## ---------- END USER ADDED recipes ----------

## ---------- BEGIN USER ADDED settings ----------

## This is an example setting
$blahblah

## ---------- END USER ADDED settings ----------

This way I can easily find and read any changes I have made to the file and so
can anyone else who may be trying to help me with something regarding the
file.

I hope this helps.

Ian MacGregor

--