[pmwiki-users] Getting a conceptual grasp.....

Doug Johnson doug at asknice.com
Tue Jun 5 18:50:25 CDT 2007

That has been what I've seen...anything that you'd need to be a user is
in the FAQ.  I want to take it to the next level.  I am conversant in a
lot of languages, spend my life in Delphi for a paycheck, know my way
around PHP.

Maybe I just need some direction....
What skills do I need to have in place to be able to take a vision I
have in my head for how a site works/looks and be able to use PMWiki to
accomplish it?  Is there anything structurally similar that might have
some step-by-step.  I've worked my way through PHPNuke and Mambo.  I
really LIKE PMWiki and basically underestimated its capability while, at
the same time, using it to introduce the idea of wikis into my
employer's intranet.  It took someone using PMWiki to do our church's
website, looking nothing like PMWiki to me, to open my eyes and now I
want to move to the next level.  I am probably just going to have to
poke around.  I am a reader by nature, so, as I say, for me the best
method has been to read a good basic "Idiot's hacking guide" then dive in.
And, yes, I am picking up gobs just reading here....thanks to all.

--
Doug Johnson
"We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful what we pretend to