[pmwiki-users] Protect uploaded files from direct access?

martin at kerz.org martin at kerz.org
Tue Jun 5 08:58:27 CDT 2007

Hi,

I'm looking for a (preferably automated) solution to completely
protect uploaded files from external access. If I upload a file
whithin a group that is protected with a password, the file still can
be accessed externally using the direct path, i.e.
http://yourhost/pmwiki/uploads/Secretgroup/file.ext

Setting $EnableDirectDownload=0 does only restrict the access from
within the wiki.

A friend of mine suggested to control the access to the subfolder
using a .htaccess file. Is there a solution based on that method that
is known to work?

Moreover, I would love to have an automated protection. Is there a
recipe for pmwiki to restrict direct acces to uploaded files?

Thanks a lot in advance for your help!

Martin