[pmwiki-users] Automatically add anchors to heading tags?

christian.ridderstrom at gmail.com christian.ridderstrom at gmail.com
Sun Jul 29 18:44:57 CDT 2007

On Tue, 24 Jul 2007, H. Fox wrote:

> On 7/22/07, christian.ridderstrom at gmail.com
> <christian.ridderstrom at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>  If we worry that an
>>  enumerated heading becomes incorrect if a heading is inserted before it,
>>  remember that a similar thing happens if you change the heading text.
>
> No it doesn't.  If the section's anchor is determined by heading text it
> will not be affected by inserting other headings.

My apologies if this is too late, i've just now figured out how to access
my mail in a sensible fashion from my place of vacation.

Please read me sentence again. If you change the heading text, the anchor
lable will change. A changed anchor label is a problem that is similar to
what you would have if anchor labels were determined from their number,
i.e. if this is heading one, two, three etc. In this case, inserting a new
heading means that the old label of say "toc3" will refer to the wrong
entry.

The point is really that neither system is very good.

/Christian