[pmwiki-users] Taxonomy

Ian MacGregor lists at imacgregor.com
Thu Jul 26 22:02:17 CDT 2007

On Thursday 26 July 2007 6:35:40 pm pmwiki at 911networks.com wrote:
> On Thu, 26 Jul 2007 20:27:11 -0500
>

> I not sure that either I understand it correctly. It says:
>
> ===============8=============:======
> This will cause the footer on every page in the Category group to
> display a list of links to pages that reference that page in the
> category group.
> ===============8=============:======
>
> Actually, I don't have any page that reference each other [almost
> none]. Each article is independent of each other and stands on
> its own.
You don't really need your articles to reference each other. When you put a
category in an article, it will create a list of the pages that are in that
category. For example, if you put [[!Skin]] at the bottom of a page, the
Categories list will list all pages with [[!Skin]] at the bottom of their
pages. It's the Category markup that does the linking. Have a look at this
page:

http://imacgregor.com/Cooking/FavoriteSouthernBiscuits

At the bottom you can see there are two categories. Click on either of them
will take you to a Categories page (http://imacgregor.com/Category/HomePage)
and list all pages that use that specific category.

I hope this helps :)

Regards,
Ian MacGregor
--