[pmwiki-users] Automatically add anchors to heading tags?

Mike Shanley thebarmy at omniversalism.com
Thu Jul 26 18:21:30 CDT 2007

Martin Fick wrote:
>> That said, the feature you suggested would also be a
>> great help in general, particularly if extended to
>> the 'trouble with pagenames'.
>>

> Well, for that we already have the missing page
> question mark, or are you suggesting something else?

The easiest way to implement what I'm thinking is probably an addition
to PageNotFound. If PmWiki had better search capabilities, we could add
a (:searchresults group=$Group name=*{$Name}* :) that searched for
APPROXIMATE matches to the pagename. Not just showing a list of pages
that have, say Bunny in the name (RollerBunny, HockeyBunny, BunnyLove),
but also showing approximates (like Bunnies, TheBunty, etc).

Your suggestion for anchors, applied to both anchors and regular links,
is even better though. Maybe an ! to indicate that there are approximate
matches available within the Group and a # to indicate that there are
matches outside the group.

>> (:pagelist toc= that tracked headers
>> instead of trail=
>> tracking bullets would also work... My thought on
>> this is that as long  as we are talking about
>> anchors across an entire wiki, we should also
>> provide a way to just as easily index these anchors.
>> Right?
>>

> In this case one mechanism to 'get' the anchors for
> use in the markup, could be something like {=$Anchor}
> for just the anchor or {=$FullAnchor} for the pagename
> and anchor.
>

> -Martin
Nifty!

--