[pmwiki-users] Automatically add anchors to heading tags?

Mike Shanley thebarmy at omniversalism.com
Thu Jul 26 12:16:08 CDT 2007

H. Fox wrote:
> On 7/25/07, Mike Shanley <thebarmy at omniversalism.com> wrote:
>> I really, really, really don't like the idea of using the titles as
>> anchors, because of how much you lose.
> How much do we lose? Can you be specific about what is lost by using
> headings as anchors?  Maybe I'm missing something...
Basically, it's a matter of simplicity. I am under the impression that
no special characters will transfer, no special formatting within the
text will be allowed, and then there's always the danger of just how
many misspellings and changed headings will ruin our best laid plans.

Remember that people are not going to see that the anchor text is
slightly different from the heading itself... By itself, this reduces
it's usefulness to, basically, just people in-the-know.

At least that is my impression. I'm somewhat new around here.

--
        ~Mike Shanley~

    ~you are almost there~

  ~no, wait. you are there!~