[pmwiki-users] htpasswdForm

Sameer Kumar skumar at eharch.com
Thu Jul 26 10:18:19 CDT 2007

Dominique,

Thanks a ton for all your help! I am sorry to say that I still don't
have this working...

I will tell you everything that I have done so far:

1.      Downloaded mod_auth_sspi_1.0.4 which came with three directories
(bin, doc, src) when unzipped. I don't know where these go.

2.      I found mod_auth_sspi.so and copied that in the /modules
directory of Apache.

3.      According to http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/SingleSign-On,
the following is added to Apache httpd.conf:

# Add to your httpd.conf

<IfModule !mod_auth_sspi.c>

    LoadModule sspi_auth_module modules/mod_auth_sspi.so

</IfModule>

#

# Configuration for mod_auth_sspi

<IfModule mod_auth_sspi.c>

    <Location /protected/>

        AuthName "A Protected Place"

        AuthType SSPI

        SSPIAuth On

        SSPIAuthoritative On

        SSPIOfferBasic On

        # SSPIBasicPreferred

        # SSPIUsernameCase lower

        require valid-user

    </Location>

</IfModule>

# End of mod_auth_sspi.

4.      I added the following to the pmwiki config.php:

include_once ("$FarmD/scripts/httpauth.php");//NTLM-Auth, Basic-Auth

include_once ("$FarmD/scripts/authuser.php");

if(@$_SERVER['REMOTE_USER']) {

  #remove domainname

  $temp = preg_replace("/^[^\\\]+\\\/", "", @$_SERVER['REMOTE_USER']);

  $_SERVER['REMOTE_USER'] = $temp;

  $Author = $temp; #set Author to REMOTE_USER

  AuthUserId($pagename, stripmagic(@$_SERVER['REMOTE_USER']));#authuser

  #fix-author for editform

  SDVA($InputTags['e_author'], array(

    ':html' => "$Author<input type='hidden' \$InputFormArgs />",

    'name' => 'author', 'value' => $Author));

}

5.      You see that there is no mention of the /protected/ directory
anywhere here... In any case, I created it as per your directions.

6.      I created the .htaccess file and added the following to it:

<IfModule mod_auth_sspi.c>

 <Location /protected/>

  AuthName "A Protected Place"

  AuthType SSPI

  SSPIAuth On

  SSPIAuthoritative On

  SSPIOfferBasic On

  #SSPIBasicPreferred On

  #SSPIDomain MYDOMAIN

  SSPIOmitDomain On

  #SSPIUsernameCase On

  require valid-user

 </Location>

</IfModule>

7.      I created the phpinfo.php as you directed in the /protected/
directory.

8.      When I go to my website, it pops up the windows login box but
does not let me in. It returns everytime I submit it.

9.      Even though I cannot access my website, I can to
http://website/protected/phpinfo.php and it displays the php info but
there is no mention of _server(remote_user) or NTLM anywhere.

This is what I have till now. I really appreciate your attention and am
grateful for it.

On 7/26/07, Sameer Kumar <skumar at eharch.com> wrote:

> ~~~Another question:

> If I do use SSPI, will the author related features in PmWiki still
work as

> before? For example, Profiles.author pages, authorrequired, etc.??

Usernames have to be compatible with PmWiki requirements (noticeably,

spaces are not allowed).

--

Dominique