[pmwiki-users] Moving pmwiki directories out of web root

Ben Wilson dausha at gmail.com
Mon Jul 23 06:59:54 CDT 2007

On 7/20/07, Athan Dimoy <foxx at freemail.gr> wrote:
> A second thought is to relocate all these folders (or some) out of web
> document root. In that case, what configuration variables have to be changed
> to point to new locations?
> Any experience from such a setup?

I run a couple of servers where I put PmWiki in /usr/local/bin/pmwiki.
I put /pub and /cookbook in /usr/local/share/pmwiki. I variablize a
path to the cookbook directory ($FarmC) in
/usr/local/bin/pmwiki/local/farmconfig.php so those recipes can be
shared among multiple sites.

I then link /pub && /wikilib.d to the web directory and use an
.htaccess file to alias web calls to pmwiki.php.

--
Ben Wilson
"Words are the only thing which will last forever" Churchill