[pmwiki-users] Custom Page lists

Sivakatirswami katir at hindu.org
Sat Jul 21 15:56:05 CDT 2007

Possibly this is answered at I would like to be able to customize,
easily edit  and have auth control over
  the side bar links which change frequently based on what
projects and areas are "hot" and what projects are dead or
completed and "cold" and no longer need top level links.

Also I would like this list to only "reveal'  the groups that a
user is authenticated to see I have this already functional in other
page lists.

So, obviously a page list will work, but I would rather not have to edit
the page list
string:

(:pagelist group=-Pmwiki,-Site,-Team,-TODO*,-XToDo* list=group $g0=1 :)

with a dozen groups manually entered groups, instead what  would be
really easy would
be if we had a page called "Site.ActiveProjects"  I might even make this
open
to a wider group of users who could edit out cold projects and add hot
projects
i.e. Main.ActiveProjects   would be the page with the list

and there we have a simple line delimited list of groups, where the assumed
destination will be  $Group.$Group, which is our default for home pages

i.e. some where we have  simple editable list:

VisitorCare
HTDE
HTDE-MediaViewer
WebContent-FAQ
PageUpGrades
Lexicon
Cybertalk
MailLists

which results on a page list for what is currently manually coded into
the side bar as:

* [[VisitorCare.VisitorCalendar | Visitor Calendar]]
* [[HTDE.HTDE | HToday Digital Edition]]
* [[HTDE-MediaViewer/HTDE-MediaViewer | HTDE Media Viewer]]
* [[WebContent-FAQ/FunctionalSpecification | Web FAQ Dev]]
* [[PageUpGrades/PageUpGrades | Web Page Upgrades]]
* [[Lexicon/Lexicon]]
* [[Cybertalks/Cybertalks]]
* [[MailLists.MailLists | Mail Lists Home]]

Can we do this? I suppose comma delimited would also be just as easy
where Site.ActiveProjects contained:

VisitorCare,HTDE,HTDE-MediaViewer,WebContent-FAQ,PageUpGrades,Lexicon,Cybertalk,MailLists

One envisions some kind of nested include--
of course the following can't possibly work, but gives the
general algoritm we're fishing for:

(:pagelist group=(:include
Site.ActiveProjects:),-Pmwiki,-Site,-Team,-TODO*,-XToDo* list=group $g0=1 :)

I would be willing to forego the custom "label" | Visable Link Text, on
the side bare (which i have now)
as I think that would be asking too much of a page list!

I suspect there are several ways to peel and cut up this mango: with fmt
  with Site.LocalTemplates, but I would rather not be editing there or
allow anyone else access to that page.  I would also be content with a fmt=
section on the Site.SideBar page itself, for now... but I don't know how
to build it.

TIA

SKTS