[pmwiki-users] Cleaner search results page

Eric Bohlman ericbohlman at sbcglobal.net
Sun Jul 15 18:30:27 CDT 2007

"Mildiner, Melvyn" <Melvyn.Mildiner at verint.com> wrote in
news:24C664A7D3C936499BE6971BB8F1357B79EAB2 at ILMAIL.IL.Corp.Verintsystems.
com:

> I'd like to remove the "results of" line and replace it with the
> numeric result. Is this possible? In other words, my ideal page would
> look like this:
>

> ----------------------------
> [search box] [search button]
>
> 7 pages found out of 85 pages searched:
>
>     * Result1
>     * Result2
> ----------------------------

That's governed by $SearchResultsFmt; I did the following in
local/config.php to suppress display of the search modifiers:

# don't show fixed options in search results
$SearchResultsFmt="<div class='wikisearch'>Results of search for <b>
\$SearchQuery</b>:
  $HTMLVSpace\$MatchList
  $HTMLVSpace\$[SearchFound]$HTMLVSpace</div>";

Probably you just need to remove the "Results of search..." and swap the
$MatchList with the $[SearchFound]; you may have to play around with the
$HTMLVSpace's. This is assuming version 2.1.27; things might have changed
in 2.2.