[pmwiki-users] Moving pmwiki directories out of web root

Athan Dimoy foxx at freemail.gr
Fri Jul 20 03:13:21 CDT 2007

Last week I've installed pmwiki in a customer's dedicated webserver, running
nginx.
Although nginx is an excellent and fast webserver, it doesn't support
.htaccess therefore i have to do something with pmwiki's directory structure
security. In its current form, pmwiki uses .htaccess to deny access in
directories like cookbook, docs, local, scripts and wiki.d.
An easy solution is to deny access to those directories, assigning separate
"location" entries in nginx configuration. I did that and it works fine so
far.
A second thought is to relocate all these folders (or some) out of web
document root. In that case, what configuration variables have to be changed
to point to new locations?
Any experience from such a setup?

Regards,
Athan