[pmwiki-users] get pmwiki to work

Phil Seyer weddingdj at gmail.com
Thu Jul 19 16:51:35 CDT 2007

I am trying to install a new pmwiki at pguild.com

http://www.pguild.com/singles/pmwik/pmwiki.php4

When I run pmwiki.php4 it seems to work, but when
I clink on a link I get the following error messag, which leaves me confused
:

I don't know how to compile so I am lost.

PHP CGI cannot be accessed directly.

This PHP CGI binary was compiled with force-cgi-redirect enabled. This means
that a page will only be served up if the REDIRECT_STATUS CGI variable is
set. This variable is set, for example, by Apache's Action directive
redirect.

You may disable this restriction by recompiling the PHP binary with the
--disable-force-cgi-redirect switch. If you do this and you have your PHP
CGI binary accessible somewhere in your web tree, people will be able to
circumvent .htaccess security by loading files through the PHP parser. A
good way around this is to define doc_root in your php.ini file to something
other than your top-level DOCUMENT_ROOT. This way you can separate the part
of your web space which uses PHP from the normal part using .htaccess
security. If you do not have any .htaccess restrictions anywhere on your
site you can leave doc_root undefined.