[pmwiki-users] Cookbook subversion repository

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Thu Jul 19 10:32:27 CDT 2007

I'm looking into the possibility of building
a subversion repository for cookbook recipes
and I have some questions:

1.  How many recipe developers want this and
    would use it?

2.  Where should we host it?  Our options:
    - as part of the PmWiki repository at svn://www.pmwiki.org/
    - within the PmWiki project at SourceForge
    - as a separate SourceForge project (e.g., PmWikiCookbook)

3.  Any thoughts about how it would be organized?
    I'm thinking a top-level 'cookbook/' directory,
    with subdirectories beneath that for each recipe.
    But I don't quite see that it will be straightforward
    for people to keep recipes up-to-date by a simple
    "svn update".

4.  How to synchronize changes between the cookbook repository
    and the online cookbook?

Comments welcomed,