[pmwiki-users] Intermittent Problem with creating pages.

Ben Wilson dausha at gmail.com
Tue Jul 10 07:34:59 CDT 2007

The quoted section below occurs intermittently when I try to create a
page (using WritePage()) in a function put at the end via
register_function_shutdown(). I don't know why, but it appears that
PmWiki forgets where wiki.d is.[1] Sometimes it works, which is why I
scratch my head.

> PmWiki needs to have a writable wiki.d/ directory before it can continue. You can create the > directory manually by executing the following commands on your server:
>
>     mkdir //wiki.d
[...]
> Or, for a slightly more secure installation, try executing
>
>     chmod 2777 /
[...]

--
Ben Wilson
"Words are the only thing which will last forever" Churchill

[1]: Naturally, I find it a little humorous when advised to chmod / to
2777, but find it's only fun when I do so as root. The only thing more
humorous is sudo rm -fr / or even "alias ls'rm -rf'". If you don't
know what that does, I advise you not to try it. If you do know, then
I still offer the same advise.