[pmwiki-users] NotifyList not working

John Morris johnwmorris at peak.org
Wed Jul 4 01:13:53 CDT 2007

I am running PmWiki 2.2.0 beta37
I am trying to get NotifyList to run on two different farm sites

The following is the typical config.php lines

# enable notifications
$EnableNotify = 1;
$NotifySquelch = 8640;    # 86400-wait at least one day between
notifications
$NotifyDelay = 30;        # wait five minutes after initial post
$NotifyFrom = 'OregonCoastWoodturners.com';

The "NotifyList" is on the page "Site/NotifyList"  and contains only
notify=johnwmorrisjr at gmail.com squelch=1000

Which is, of course, a valid email account.

I have not enabled email on the web site and there is no account therefore
of OregonCoastWoodturners.com.   I  have been  assuming this is just a
"label" and the messages are not sent through this account.

Is this the source of my NotifyList not working?  I want to keep the email
turned off on some farm sites as the spam level is a pain and the "form"
type input for a user to communicate with the site is acceptable so far and
works just fine with the farm site email function turned off as it sends
through the parent servers email process.
I still get spam through forms but not nearly so much.

Thanks,
John Morris