[pmwiki-users] Hierarchical permissions

The Editor editor at fast.st
Tue Jan 30 14:57:19 CST 2007

On 1/30/07, The Editor <editor at fast.st> wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> I've been chewing on the problem of making permissions hierarchical
> and seem to have a general solution in mind that goes something like
> this...
>
> 1. Create a foreach routine from $HandleActions, and use the key to
> process all current actions...
>
> 2. For each action, run up the hierarchy and check permissions, for each level.
>
> 3. Set permissions of current page to the first setting it encounters, using the
> $DefaultPasswords array.
>
> Two quick questions:
>
> What function is used to retrieve the permission assigned to an action
> for a given page (or preferably a given group)?
>
> Does the routine above sound like it woul work?  Any problems anyone forsees?
>
> Cheers,
> Dan

Still stumped setting up hg permissions.  Can anyone clarify  what
function is used to retrieve the permissions assigned to an action for
a given page (or preferably a given group)?  That is if you have set
"secret" as the edit password, for Main.Test, how can you do something
like:

mysteryfunction('Main.Test', 'edit')

and get it to return "secret", or "id:Bob" or "@webmasters" or whatever.

Help?