[pmwiki-users] time outs when manually adding pages

Seth Cherney sethcherney at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 29 12:15:53 CST 2007

Thanks for the tips.  someone sent me the tip on time out off the list.  it works well.  took about 20 hours to generate the html.  I have been working extremely hard on an external search engine, but it will never be real time, since uses the html pages.  We will settle for that, and try to update the lucene index regularly.
Seth

"Patrick R. Michaud" <pmichaud at pobox.com> wrote: On Sat, Jan 27, 2007 at 06:43:22AM -0800, Seth Cherney wrote:
> I am trying to manually add about 50,000 pages to a wiki on my local hdd.  most things work - wow!
> trails work!  incredible.
>
> StaticPages- generates about 163 pages out of a 1500 page array I added,
> then times out.  is there some way to adjust this?

You might need to set a longer time limit for processing the script --
the default is often 30 seconds.  Try the following in local/config.php:

    set_time_limit(1800);     # time out after 30 minutes

> Site Search box - way times out.  index is not being generated on search.

FWIW, I don't know that PmWiki can handle searches of 50,000 pages.
At that point you might want to consider using an external search
engine instead of PmWiki's built-in engine (which really isn't
designed for such a large base of pages).