[pmwiki-users] Fwd: When does Site.NotifyList get created?

The Editor editor at fast.st
Mon Jan 29 03:29:57 CST 2007

On 1/29/07, jeb eddy <jeb at mac.com> wrote:

> Per instructions for Notify, in    local/config.php   I have set
>
> $EnableNotify = 1;
>
> and launched a browser to my site.
>
> I inspect the PmWiki folders wikilib.d  and wiki.d
>
> I see pages belonging to the Site group in both folders, but none is
> NotifyList.
>

> QUESTIONS:
>
> Do I have to create this page manually via a link?
>
> If Yes, in which folder?  Does it matter?
>
> Or should it get created automatically by EnableNotify=1   above?
>
> If yes, in which folder?
>

> Also, the instructions for Notify present another way to add
> recipients: an array, in local/config.php.
>
> The example shown in the instructions is:
>

> $NotifyList[] = 'notify=john.doe at home.com group=Site';
>

> The only other ARRAY I have seen in my mostly beginner's use of
> PmWiki is for passwords, and there the syntax uses the word "array",
> and nests all the entries within parens.
>
> In the form shown above using "[]",  how do I add multiple items to
> the array?  An example is all I need.
>

> Does anyone have any lessons-learned-the-hard-way about Notify that
> can be shared?
>

> I  will make small edits to the documentation when I understand and
> have done all this successfully.
>

> Thanks,
>
> Jeb Eddy

Just type the url of your wiki into the address bar and add
n=Site.NotifyList  Pmwiki will ask if you want to create the page.
Just click that link and type what you want.  PmWiki will take care of
the details.

As for the array questions, in PHP you can initialize an array in
either way.  In this case, using PmWiki's Site.NotifyList page as an
example you can use:

(:if false:)
notify=john.doe at home.com group=Site
notify=another at email.com trail=Profiles.Test
(:if:)

The trail allows you to create a list of pages you want to watch.  The
if false helps to keep people from seeing your emails.  Hope this
helps.

Cheers,
Dan