[pmwiki-users] When does Site.NotifyList get created?

jeb eddy jeb at mac.com
Mon Jan 29 00:32:38 CST 2007

Per instructions for Notify, in    local/config.php   I have set

$EnableNotify = 1;

and launched a browser to my site.

I inspect the PmWiki folders wikilib.d  and wiki.d

I see pages belonging to the Site group in both folders, but none is
NotifyList.

QUESTIONS:

Do I have to create this page manually via a link?

If Yes, in which folder?  Does it matter?

Or should it get created automatically by EnableNotify=1   above?

If yes, in which folder?

Also, the instructions for Notify present another way to add
recipients: an array, in local/config.php.

The example shown in the instructions is:

$NotifyList[] = 'notify=john.doe at home.com group=Site';

The only other ARRAY I have seen in my mostly beginner's use of
PmWiki is for passwords, and there the syntax uses the word "array",
and nests all the entries within parens.

In the form shown above using "[]",  how do I add multiple items to
the array?  An example is all I need.

Does anyone have any lessons-learned-the-hard-way about Notify that
can be shared?

I  will make small edits to the documentation when I understand and
have done all this successfully.

Thanks,

Jeb Eddy