[pmwiki-users] upload box

Tegan Dowling tmdowling at gmail.com
Sun Jan 28 15:09:35 CST 2007

On 1/26/07, dso <dso at moosoft.com> wrote:
> Sandy wrote:
> > dso wrote:
> >> I want to add a box that has [           ] Browse Send (or something
> >> close) that will allow someone to upload a file.  It won't be going into
> >> a wiki page but saved to a folder.  What is the best way to do this?
> >>
> >> Daniel
> >
> > Use Attach:resume.pdf
> >
> > http://pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/Uploads
> > Lots of options to change how the link displays, and the instructions
> > the user is given.
> >
> > Sandy
> I don't think this will work because I do not want the file to be on a
> wiki page.  Just saved and not visible.  I also don't want to pre-set
> the filename.
>
> Something like this: http://www.virustotal.com/en/indexf.html

Daniel:

1) please don't top-post

2) it's still not clear to me what you want.  What skin are you using?

Are you aware of/familiar with  "?action=upload" ?

Do you just want to upload a file to the wiki, without having any link to it?

You should still probably read http://pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/Uploads,
and maybe PmWiki.SitePageActions, which explains that when you've used
your authentication system (whichever you configure) to establish that
you have authority to upload, then the Site/PageActions will display
an "attach" link that will display an uploading dialog box.  See
http://pmwiki.org/wiki/Site/PageActions?action=source.

How much of this do you already know?  Please be more expansive to
help us identify the  point at which your needs differ from what's
available OR at which your understanding is stalled.