[pmwiki-users] Problem with ActionLog recipe

f.r.salomons salomons at wanadoo.nl
Sun Jan 28 02:05:13 CST 2007

I have a problem with ActionLog recipe.
My website is intended for use by a restricted group only. Most pages
are restricted for viewing and editing. A while ago, I found out that
the ActionLog recipe is very useful for logging login/logout-actions by
members of the user group (see the thread "Re: Recipe for making logging
succesful logins?" some weeks ago). The ActionLog recipe makes it
possible to exclude logging simple actions like viewing or printing
pages. By excluding logging other actions as edit, diff, attr, etc, you
end up logging only login/logout actions.

So far so good. Only recently, I discovered that only part of the logins
are being logged! When a user logs in ON the main page (through the
login box which I created in the sidebar), everything is fine. The same
  goes for logins, performed on another non-restricted page. However,
when a user is prompted to log in when he tries to reach a
for-users-only-page, the login is NOT logged by ActionLog.

The difference seems to be that logins are only being recorded when
completed on a page for which the user already has enough rights. While
many users (I hope) are logging in simply by following a link to a
restricted page and then being - prompted for it - giving their
username/password, I would like to log that also.

Any advice would be welcome!

thanks, Frits