[pmwiki-users] Hierarchical groups again...

The Editor editor at fast.st
Sat Jan 27 20:23:35 CST 2007

On 1/26/07, The Editor <editor at fast.st> wrote:
> 1) So far I have code to create subgroup page variables...
>
> 2) Thanks to a tip from Pm, I think I have the info I need to make
> local config files and local css files available to hierarchical
> groups...

Well perhaps there is not so much interest in this particular approach
to HG as there has not been a lot of feedback, but I think I have a
working script more or less set up.  A little more debugging and
tweaking and I'll release it for others to try out.  It's only about
10 lines--with no hack to core needed!  Quite straightforward
actually.

One odd problem however is getting in my way for debugging. With just
a normal config file (no HG stuff), every time I create a page like
Main-Test.Page.php I get a "PmWiki can't find skin in list" error.
Even when there's nothing in that file about skins.  It is reading
config.php because it mentions the right skin name--but it can't load
the page.  Delete Main-Test.Page.php and it all works again properly.
Any suggestions why this might be happening?

I have this running on a farm so perhaps there is some variable that
needs to be set?

Oh I should also mention, that not only will the config and css files
be inheritable, but also the groupheaders and footers. Can't believe I
forgot them!  Anything else we want working in an HG setup?  Sidebars?
 Pm, is there something like $GroupHeadersFmt for Sidebars?

Cheers,
Dan