[pmwiki-users] Viewing Source in IE

marc gmane at auxbuss.com
Thu Jan 25 05:10:27 CST 2007

The Editor said...
> I recently upgraded to IE 7 and still have the problem I've had for
> some time when viewing the source of a page, and mentioned before...
>
> I've discovered if I click on a link such as the following:
>
> [[Profiles.GroupFooter?action=source|click here]]
>
> it will attempt to do a file download of pmwiki.php as a file type
> php_auto_file.

I've no idea, sorry. However, I can confirm that things work as expect
here using IE7.

Btw, on a side note, a few days ago I noticed a great deal of screen lag
when switching apps. Call me a cynic, but having installed IE7 at the
weekend, that was my prime suspect. I discovered that IE7 loads a
"background task" called ctfmon.exe. And indeed killing this restored
normal behaviour. Of course, in true Microsoft style, the program
reappears regardless of killing it, but the solution turned out to be
checking "Turn off advanced text services" in

  CP/Regional Settings/Languages/Details/Advanced

(You can also deregister the service, for those happy doing such things:
regsvr32 /u msctf.dll)

--
Cheers,
Marc