[pmwiki-users] giving a new page an automatic prefix/suffix

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Thu Jan 25 03:57:02 CST 2007

Thursday, January 25, 2007, 1:18:52 AM, Sivakatirswami wrote:

> First one wants to know:

> Where and and how does the page subset prefix string
> "Foo" get generated?

> Is it
> a) a separate user entry?
> b) some invisible  default based on the $Author?
> c) Pre established list of prefixes selectable from a option menu?
> d) Admin creates the first $Group.FooHomePage as a set up  task
> for each new subset?

I added prefix= and suffix= parameter options for the
(:newpagebox:) markup in newpageboxplus.php.

So prefix Foo gets added by using markup (:newpagebox prefix=Foo :)
for instance.
Instead of Foo one could also use a page variable or page text
variable. This could satisfy your point b)
suffix=Bar would put Bar automatically at the end of a pagename
entered.
Both parameters can be used with any characters allowed for page names.

Using separate fields to enter a pagename prefix or suffix, or using
an option select (dropdown) menu (points a) and c) ) is beyond the
capabilities of newpageboxplus, and I don't wish to expand it to allow
such capabilities, as it is not really flexible enough, because the
HTML input or select tags need to be build into the script.

But I think this could be achieved in a future version of Fox, since
Fox is using standard pmwiki Input markup.
I think of adding a more flexible way to generate a target page name
in Fox, which would allow fields for a name prefix and suffix, as well
as a separate field to input a group name.

Hans