[pmwiki-users] Attachlist and nice uploading

Kathryn Andersen kat_lists at katspace.homelinux.org
Wed Jan 24 19:48:54 CST 2007

On Wed, Jan 24, 2007 at 10:33:36AM -0600, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 17, 2007 at 03:53:53PM +1100, Kathryn Andersen wrote:
> > One of my users has requested something that I know can't be done
> > in standard PmWiki, and I don't think there are any (working non-alpha)
> > plugins that can do this.
> >
> > A) Add a form to a normal wiki page, where they can type in the name of
> > a file, click on a button, and directly upload a file, without having to
> > go to another form on another page.
>
> See, for example, http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Test/UploadForm .
>
> I think that after performing the upload it returns to the
> default "upload an attachment" page (as opposed to the view of
> the existing page), but perhaps we can see about fixing this.

Yes, it does.  That behaviour would be disconcerting for a naieve user.

> > B) the ability (with an enhanced attachlist?) to list all uploaded
> > files that match a given pattern.
>
> There are a number of features that people have wanted for
> (:attachlist:).  If we can develop a list of desired features,
> perhaps I can get a basic implementation put together in the core
> that others can flesh out.

- list files that match a given pattern
- some way of formatting the output -- similar to pagelist templates
  would be really good
- ability to order the list (name or date)

None of these would require having metadata associated with a file,
so I think they would be feasible.

> > C) some way in the form in (A) to enforce that the destination file
> > names start or end with a particular string.
>
> This isn't easily done in the form itself (because it could then
> be spoofed), but it can be done from a local customization file.
> Would that be sufficient?

I suppose so, if one could put it in a page-specific customization file,
and have the special upload form on that page.

Ideally, one would have a page, where one could give instructions about
uploading the file, have a nice form, and follow that by an enhanced
attachlist which lists the files that match the given pattern.

Kathryn Andersen