[pmwiki-users] Skin setting in local/Group.PageName.php

kirpi at kirpi.it kirpi at kirpi.it
Wed Jan 24 10:37:52 CST 2007

> change local/Group.PageName.php to read:
>
>     <?php
>       include_once('local/Group.php');
>       $Skin = 'skinbeta';

Thank you, Patrick.
It works quite nice.

Actually, I did my homework before asking, and read more than once
http://pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/PerGroupCustomizations but, my fault, I
could not understand the point.

I must say that the way you explained it *here* on the list appears
(to me) much clearer and immediately understandable.

I wonder if, for the benefit of other dummy users like me, that
documentation page could be "retouched" somehow.

Of course, the fact that things work in an "un-natural" way here plays
its part.[1]

Luigi

[1] Usual order in things, in our everyday experience goes
Top-Middle-Bottom (or reverse), while here things move from General
local.php file straight down to the Specific per-page customization
file and then back to the Middle-level Group.php file.