[pmwiki-users] Search box on PmWiki.org

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Wed Jan 24 08:13:22 CST 2007

On Tue, Jan 23, 2007 at 10:01:45PM -0500, DaveG wrote:
> For groups, how about:
>    (:pagelist presort=group1,group2 :)
>
> and pages:
>    (:pagelist presort=group1.page1,group2.page2 :)
>
> I initially thought the page level was unecessary, but thinking about it
> maybe it's useful on a help page search to always include certain pages
> at the top of the results.

Well, I was somewhat hoping to not limit this capability to
just groups and pagenames -- what if I wanted to set the output
sequence based on a page variable or page text variable?

For example, in PITS I might want to display PITS pages
sorted by the $:Category value such that all "Bug" pages
appear first, followed by "Feature", followed by "Documentation",
followed by everything else.

The current pagelist code makes it relatively easy to provide
this sort of capability in a local customization file (using
a custom order= parameter), but I was hoping to find a general
way to do it from markup.