[pmwiki-users] Wikiwords

marc gmane at auxbuss.com
Mon Jan 22 05:02:27 CST 2007

Patrick R. Michaud said...
> On Sun, Jan 21, 2007 at 11:25:13PM +0100, kirpi at kirpi.it wrote:
> > Not having wikiwords enabled/used any more by default recalls, to my
> > unexperienced mind, a parallel theme: upper and lower cases in urls.
> >
> > Do we have to expect Group.PageName to became group/pagename by default soon?
>
> Not soon.  I am indeed planning for this -- see
> http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/RoadMap -- but there
> are a _lot_ of things like this that impact how pages
> are being stored and indexed, and we have to have a way
> to cleanly migrate existing sites/pages to the new
> format, whatever it ends up being.

Currently, I use the following

    RewriteRule ^([^/a-z].*) pmwiki/index.php?n=$1  [QSA,L]

as the final rule in .htaccess[1] in the web root. This is handy,
because I can then access non-PmWiki folders by giving them a lower case
first character. (I'm not suggesting that this is the best way to do it,
but it works, which is always a good thing.)

Do you have something in mind for cases like this? (I'd rather prepare
for it now, as I go, if possible.)

--
Cheers,
Marc

[1] full .htaccess something like:

  RewriteEngine on
  RewriteBase /
  RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^blah.com$ [NC]
  RewriteRule ^(.*)$ http://www.blah.com/$1 [R=301,L]
  RewriteRule ^$           pmwiki/index.php  [L]
  RewriteRule ^index\.php$ pmwiki/index.php  [L]
  RewriteRule ^([^/a-z].*) pmwiki/index.php?n=$1  [QSA,L]