[pmwiki-users] RSS feeds and passwords

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Fri Jan 19 13:05:05 CST 2007

On Fri, Jan 19, 2007 at 01:35:28PM -0500, Sandy wrote:
> Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
>
> >> But the RSS doesn't seem to include changes to the password-protected
> >> pages.
>
> >     if ($action == 'rss') $EnablePageListProtect = 0;
> >
> > This limits the ability to see the protected pages to RSS feeds;
> > normal pagelists and searches wouldn't see them.
>
> Current favourite. I've set it up for now and it's working. Annoying all
> 10 of the anonymous fans who use the feeds to see if I'll ever update
> the site.

Oh, there's another possibility -- create an option that works within
?action=rss to turn off $EnablePageListProtect:

    if ($action == 'rss') {
      include_once("$FarmD/scripts/feeds.php");
      if (@$_REQUEST['protected'] == 'y') $EnablePageListProtect = 0;
    }

So, the normal "?action=rss" url that your anonymous fans use
will get the standard web feed without any protected pages, while
you use a url of "?action=rss&protected=y" to get the version of the
feed that includes the protected pages.

Other variations on this theme are possible.