[pmwiki-users] Suggestions

Sandy sandy at onebit.ca
Fri Jan 19 12:05:43 CST 2007

Mark Trumpold wrote:
> Hi All
>
> I am now getting to the stage of my wiki site to NOW learn css and skin
> producing.
>
> Any suggestions on how to get started or a good resource
>
> Thanks
>
> Mark

More or less random ideas.

Start with crayons and paper thumbnails.

www.colourlovers.ca for colours. (Set timer so you don't spend all day
there.)

http://www.w3schools.com for quick reference of all things HTML and CSS.

ColorZilla and WebDeveloper extensions for FireFox. WebDeveloper shows
you how things are nesting in CSS -- very good when wondering why a
style isn't applying. Inheritance can get nasty. Also nice when
fine-tuning the CSS.

Tables are not evil. It's much easier to do the overall layout with
tables than CSS. (CSSZenGarden is awesome, but a also good way to get
very frustrated.)

The style="..." HTML attribute is your friend while fine-tuning.

There are some nice skin test pages on PmWiki.

Cheers!

Sandy