[pmwiki-users] titlespaced and groupheader

Jon Haupt jhaupt at gmail.com
Wed Jan 17 12:52:56 CST 2007

On 1/17/07, Jon Haupt <jhaupt at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 1/17/07, Patrick R. Michaud <pmichaud at pobox.com> wrote:
> > On Wed, Jan 17, 2007 at 09:56:58AM -0600, Jon Haupt wrote:
> > > When you use {*$Titlespaced} in the group header, it is processed
> > > before any (:title:) markup in the page itself, and thus doesn't
> > > respect that markup.  Is there any way to configure things such that
> > > this would work?
> >
> > Could you set up a demonstration on pmwiki.org somewhere -- perhaps
> > in the Test wikigroup?  That would make it easier for me to see
> > what's going on.
>
> Hmpf, couldn't reproduce it on pmwiki.org.  Well, it looks like I'll
> be playing the disable-all-my-recipes game.  If I can figure it out
> and there's anything interesting to say, I'll report back.
>
> Jon

Alright, I'm pretty confused.  None of the recipes made any
difference.  However, on the offending pages, I was able to make the
error go away by adding {*$Titlespaced} to the page itself.  What
happens is apparently the title= entry in wiki.d isn't added unless it
has to be added by way of skin template or the page itself, not
because it's needed for GroupHeader.  So here's what seems to happen:

1. I'm using a skin that does not automatically show the title in the template.
2. I've put the following line in GroupHeader:
! {*$Titlespaced}
3. In a page, I have (:title blah blah blah blah:) and then whatever
text is necessary.
4. When browsing the page, instead of "blah blah blah blah," I get the
original title in the header.  The file in wiki.d doesn't have a
title= entry.
5. Upon adding {*$Titlespaced} to the page itself, and even after
deleting it, it works fine, and the file in wiki.d has a title= entry.

Hope that helps.

Jon