[pmwiki-users] pagelist and skipping a cycle (first one)

Wouter Groeneveld jefklak at gmail.com
Tue Jan 16 10:59:43 CST 2007

Hello all,

I require a simple pagelist which skips the FIRST entry. I thought "no
problem, let's do something like this":

(:if ! equal {<$Group}:)
do template stuff here
(:if:)

And obviously, that works. BUT is there an alternative way? Because
actually, that does not work since I have a couple of other if directives
inside that pagelist template and it messes everything up. I do not like
nesting if loops at all - this can get very complicated to read after a
while. There is no "start=x" option present, but the Cookbook offers some
pagelist enhancements but I don't like to install all those extra's,
shouldn't this be something simple to do?

My template:

[[#recententries]]
(:if equal 4 {$$PageCount}:)
(:if:)
blabla print some stuff in here.
(:if equal 8 {$$PageCount}:)
(:if:)
[[#recententriesend]]

As you can see, I want the last 4 items to be inside the hiddenentries div.
That works, when the pagelist has count=8, like expected. But I can't seem
to add the "(:if ! equal {<$Group}:)" test in the beginning as it ignores
all other if directives. Again: if this also can be done without ifs, the
better: I simply want to skip the first pagelist cycle.

Thank you!
- Wouter