[pmwiki-users] Page Action: send Input form page with two variables already loaded

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Sun Jan 14 05:17:28 CST 2007

Sunday, January 14, 2007, 11:00:16 AM, Sivakatirswami wrote:

> Presently I am using  Site.RightBar in Gemini which has the input form
> "permanently" displayed on every page, as such it picks up
> {$Group} and {$FullName}  automatically. But I want to remove
> that from the UI and "invoke" the input page from a  small link:
> "Add New To Do"

You could put the "Add New To Do" link into Site.PageTopMenu or
Site.PageFootMenu to be part of your standard action links.
The difficulty is that you really want to use a form with a form
submit button instead of a standard link. You got the form already.
So you can add the form and submit button (relabel it) to, for
instance, PageTopMenu. You may have to wrap it into a div and
float it right:

>>rfloat<<
...your form and submit button markup..
>><<
...list of action links...

If the submit form button sticks out too much, because it is a button
and not  a standard link, you can style it via css to look like the
others.

Hans