[pmwiki-users] Securing images

kirpi at kirpi.it kirpi at kirpi.it
Fri Jan 12 12:04:16 CST 2007

> You can then protect any subdirectory you wish by requiring a username
> and password. To keep things simple you can have a "shared" username and
> password for family members and you can even send them links that
> include the AUTH info as in:
>
> >  http://username:password@www.kirpi.it/listing/uploads/family_only/

I tried and set a quick live example, where:
http://www.kirpi.it/listing/ is the general directory open to anyone
http://www.kirpi.it/listing/friends/ is the "friends" folder (id=kirpi
pass=kirpi)
http://www.kirpi.it/listing/personal is my own, closed folder (id=kirpi
pass=private)
The directories under /listing/ are now (as a test) protected with apache.

A wiki test page is now set at
http://www.kirpi.it/wiki/pmwiki.php?n=Main.ImagesTest

Would that be a sound setting?
And, in case it would, how do I let the action=upload store files in
the right directory?
How would I integrate it with pmwiki handling of things?

Luigi