[pmwiki-users] Site.SideBar hacked

Greg web at web.knobby.ws
Thu Jan 11 14:24:17 CST 2007

My Site.SideBar was hacked. I only see this when in the edit mode and
I hadn't edited since probably November 2006.

Here's what I see:
--------
Nice! Happy New Year! --- <a href="http://home.no/hydrocodone356/
index.html">hydrocodone</a>
---------
When I open the file: I see stuff added to the top of the file:
--------
author=Akela_gay
csum=
host=209.160.64.106
name=Site.SideBar
passwdedit=nopass:
rev=56
targets=
text=Nice! Happy New Year!%0a---%0a%3ca href="http://home.no/
hydrocodone356/index.html">hydrocodone%3c/a>
time=1166972157
author:1166972157=Akela_gay
-----
I sent an email to the ISP which appears to have this IP.

How do I prevent this in the future? I'm supposed to be the only one
with access.

Also, what's the best way to fix it. Copy in my back-up file? Or will
that break something? I did this and it seems to work OK.

PmWiki v. (don't know where to find it. Searching for version turned
up 1825 pages). But the many of the pages are dated mid-August 2006.

I searched on the achives and saw a mention of a similar problem. I
do find it hard to believe I was the only one. If I took ten minutes
to figure out the date I could find out when it happened.

Thanks.