[pmwiki-users] Recipe for making logging succesful logins?

f.r.salomons salomons at wanadoo.nl
Tue Jan 9 16:39:23 CST 2007

The Editor schreef:
> On 1/9/07, f.r.salomons <salomons at wanadoo.nl> wrote:
>> I am trying to make a pmwiki-website intended for use by a restricted
>> group only. Most pages are therefore restricted for viewing and editing.
>> Is there a way to log succesful logins by members of the user group?
>> Preferably without also logging visits to the homepage (which is open to
>> anybody). Is there a way to configure one of the logging recipes so as
>> to achieve this?
>>
>> Frits
>

> Zap has the capability of logging actions in forms and could to do
> what you are asking.  I wouldn't mind pulling together a snippet for
> you if you were interested in using zap. (I plan to do something like
> this for my site eventually).  Just let me know what information you
> want to capture from each login (member name? time/date? ip? browser?
> whatever...)
>
> There may be other simpler solutions, so you might also want to wait
> and see if anyone else has a response to your question.
>
> Cheers,
> Dan

Hi Dan, that's really nice of you. I already had a look at zap and I
find it very impressive (though somewhat difficult). If you would be
willing to make me a snippet, that would be wonderful! I guess the
information I would like to have is only username, time/date and ip.
Probably I will be able to work on for myself from there, if I might
need further information in the future.

thanks,
Frits