[pmwiki-users] "PmWiki can't process your request" errormessage.

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Mon Jan 8 09:50:59 CST 2007

On Mon, Jan 08, 2007 at 03:42:41PM +0200, Athan wrote:
> "Patrick R. Michaud" <pmichaud at pobox.com> wrote in message
> news:20070106170735.GB9608 at host.pmichaud.com...
> > See the results at http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/a/b/c  (an invalid page
> > name).
>
> Hmm, http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/a/b/c still gives a pmwiki error message.
> When IE7 "Friendly error messages" is enabled it displays IE's HTTP 404
> error message but when "friendly messages" option is disabled I'm getting
> the usual message:
>
> PmWiki can't process your request
> ?invalid page name
> We are sorry for any inconvenience
>
> Is it possible to disable pmwiki's own error messages giving a pmwiki-driven
> website a more "static html" behavior?

In other words, you want it to return a 404 status response and
nothing else?

This can be done as a local customization in at least a couple
of ways:
  - in Apache, use the ErrorDocument directive to specify the document
    to be returned in response to a 404 error
  - in PmWiki, set the translation strings to be what you want
    displayed instead of the default:

      XLSDV('en', array(
        'PmWiki can\'t process your request' => '404 Not Found',