[pmwiki-users] login only

marc gmane at auxbuss.com
Mon Jan 8 08:19:33 CST 2007

 said...
> On 08.01.2007 at 12:15, you wrote:
> >
> > > I want to provide the possibility to login only.
> > >
> > > If I use ?action=edit then I end-up in the edit window, if I use
> > > ?action=login I end-up in the login page again.
> > >
> > > Is there a possibility to just login and end-up where you have been
> > > before?
> >
> > When using PageActions in your skin, you usually have an entry, such
> > as:
> >
> >   (:if ! authid :)
> >   * [[{*$FullName}?action=login | Login ]]
>
> My PageActions looks as following:
> (:if !authid:)
> *[[{*$FullName}?action=login | Login ]]
> (:if:)
> (:if authid:)
> * %item rel=nofollow class=edit
> accesskey='$[ak_edit]'%[[{$FullName}?action=edit | $[Edit] ]]
> * %item rel=nofollow class=upload
> accesskey='$[ak_attach]'%[[{$FullName}?action=upload | $[Attach] ]]
> (:if auth admin:)
> * %item rel=nofollow class=edit %[[Site.SideBar?action=edit | $[Menu] ]]
> (:if authid:)
> * %item rel=nofollow class=edit %[[{$FullName}?action=logout | $[Logout]
> ({$AuthId}) ]]
> (:if:)
>
> When I successfully logged in, I still remain on the login screen but I
> want to be back on the page where I clicked on 'Login'.

Sure, I understand what you are trying to achieve, and it should happen
as a matter of course. The login handler ends with a redirect to the
original page, so whatever page initiated the login, should be
redisplayed after a successful login.

What you are seeing indicates that you are not logged in/authenticated.

A few things spring to mind:

- Are you authorised to read and/or edit the page from which you are
logging on?
- What indication do you have that you are logged in/authenticated?
- Are you using authuser or PmWiki's default authentication?
- Are cookies enabled?

--
Cheers,
Marc