[pmwiki-users] Error on attachments when using $EnableDirectDownload = 0

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Thu Jan 4 22:30:56 CST 2007

On Fri, Jan 05, 2007 at 01:22:40AM +0100, Helge Larsen wrote:
> >I have now set up at completely bare system:
> >	http://www.makoni.dk/test/
> >
> >The folowing config.php is loaded:
> >	<?php if (!defined('PmWiki')) exit();
> >	$WikiTitle = "My test Wiki";
> >	$EnableUpload = 1;
> >	$DefaultPasswords['upload'] = '';
> >	$EnableDirectDownload=0;
> >	$EnablePathInfo = 1;
> >	$ScriptUrl = "http://www.makoni.dk/test";
> >
> >I have uploaded my picture and Excel file, and added Attach: on the
> >main page.
> >
> >There seems to be no problem on the test system, so the problem must
> >be in my configuration, the skin or one of the recipies. I will test
> >them one by one and report my findings back to you.
>
> I have now narrowed the error down either one of these recipies:
> 	include_once("cookbook/selectquery.php");
> 	include_once('cookbook/protectemail.php');
>
> When any one of these recepies is enabled, the action=download fails.

Very interesting.  I've tried this same set up on my site
(http://www.pmichaud.com/sandbox/header/pmwiki.php)
with the latest versions of selectquery.php and protectemail.php,
and it seems to work okay.

So, here are some other possibilities:
  - Perhaps something with CleanUrls?
  - Maybe there are newer versions of selectquery.php and/or
    protectemail.php recipes?
  - Does the test site work with an older version of PmWiki... say,
    2.1.26 or so?